Have you already blown your New Year’s Resolution? Do you berate yourself daily for not being able to stick to it?
We often set high standards and goals for ourselves that are almost impossible to reach. So, forget your New Year’s Resolution, and let’s start fresh today. It’s February and the start of a new month.
- Pick a few (no more than 3) goals for this year. Make a list of things you need to do to reach your goals.
- Is your list long? Yeah – so is mine. But, that’s ok, because for the month of February, you are only going to pick 1 thing that you want to accomplish this month.
Here are a few tricks for meeting your goals:
- Don’t talk negative talk to yourself. It doesn’t matter what you did yesterday, or anytime in the past. All that matters is today. Every day is a new day and a chance to do better!
- Schedule time in your calendar for what it is you want to accomplish. Block out that time just like if you had a meeting with someone else.
- Stay focused. It’s easy to get sidetracked with new and more exciting things you want to do. If you think of new ideas, keep your “to-do” list handy and jot it down so you don’t lose the thought.
- Don’t let others sidetrack you. Everyone wants a piece of us and puts demands on our time. Turn off your phone, find a place to hide, whatever you need to do to get away.
- Find someone you trust who can be your accountability partner. Tell them what it is you want to accomplish for the month and report to them everyday – even if it’s a quick text.
If you finish the task you selected before the end of February, review your list and pick another one. If you don’t complete it in February – you can select it again in March. Remember – no negative talk allowed! 🙂 You can do it.
By breaking your goals into smaller tasks, you’ll get more accomplished and feel better about yourself.